Business School Statement of Purpose Format
Business school statement of purpose (as well as medical school statement of purpose) success is always governed through its format and quality of the content in it. It is clearly indicating the importance of the right format for your statement of purpose while applying for the business school admission. This SOP for business school requires following special format and the below mentioned sample format can offer a good idea for all. This sample format is provided by our experts in the team, who have many years of experience of writing SOPs for the students worldwide and helping greatly for them to achieve admission success.
How Important Is the Business School Statement of Purpose
Getting into a business school is hard work. Many applicants fail to find a place and many are not going to be placed with their preferred schools. Your application must be something special and this is especially true of your statement of purpose. This must be able to make you stand out as head and shoulders above the other applicants. So your SoP for business school format and writing must be perfectly done to get you noticed.
How Do You Do Your SoP for Business School Format?
The business school statement of purpose format is important if you want to present your information clearly and effectively. A page of writing that looks scrappy will be treated accordingly so you want to present what you have to say on a clear and neat page that will be easy to read. In many cases however your formatting will count for little. Many application process will strip your formatting as you upload the statement. However for those programs that do not do this you need to consider the following:
- What does the program want: review with care their specific instructions for your statement and follow those instructions precisely.
- Use good clear margins: if you look at any SoP sample for business school the writing will be neatly centred on the page and there will be plenty of clear white space around. Use margins of at least an inch.
- Use an easy to read font in at least a 12pt size. Do not mix fonts or use scripts and characters that may be impossible for some to read.
- Print your statement using black ink onto good quality white paper: avoid the use of decoration, graphics and color.
- Do not use lots of text formatting: over use of bold and italics will confuse the reader and CAPS will be seen as shouting.
Mistakes That You Must Avoid with Your Business School SoP Writing
If you read our business school statement of purpose sample you will get a good idea of what is expected of your writing and what style will work for you. What it does not show you however is what you need to avoid within your statement. There are many traps that you can fall into that could cost you your place. The following are some of the most common issues that are encountered:
- Plagiarizing your statement: you cannot simply copy an SoP for business school sample or part of it and submit as your own. Most systems will automatically scan for plagiarism and if it is flagged you will simply have no chance.
- Making excuses: drawing attention to weaknesses in your application and them making excuses for them is not a good way to put your application in a good light.
- Repeating information that you have already provided: they do not want to read a flowery version of your resume. Your statement should add unique information to your application that will aid your chances of selection.
- Humor: while you will want to make your statement stand out, using humor is rarely effective. It is something that is hard to apply well and even if you do pull it off many would still find it inappropriate for an SoP.
- Exaggerating or blatantly lying in your statement: always tell the truth. There is so much information out there online that is often easy to spot issues with your statement or resume when it comes to untruths. They will also often trip you up at any interview.
SoP for Business School Sample
Experience and diversity as characteristics in me is making me always a best student at my academic front. These characteristics always helped me a lot to excel with academics and gained a great level of command over technical aptitude, math and some more. These subjects’ knowledge and command automatically instilled a great level of interest in me for the management program as my professional study. My hobbies include reading and travelling allowing me to understand more about the people from all parts of the world with different cultures.
Assessment: The above introduction is created in a way to introduce the student candidature in a bright way. Your SOP should be started with introduction as mentioned above and this is a good format for obtaining attention. For more inspiration see the leading University’s tips on Format of business school statement of purpose.
My schooling went very well in a best high school and helped me to acquire good academic foundation to take further studies successfully. My good grades with high school study will inform more about my candidature and suitability to take up your management program. I have good experience too mention here. During my high schooling, I worked on temporary basis with few good organizations locally. As part time employee, I worked as customer care representative for a big firm, worked as accountant in another local firm and worked as administrative help for a big construction firm too. All these experiences along with good grade acquired high schooling is making as an suitable student to take up management program in your prestigious institution.
Assessment: The next part of introduction in the SOP should be more about academic qualifications and experiences. Make it sure that this part of the SOP is connecting well with the chosen program and this kind of writing will turn it into a best format for you.
I am requesting with suitable qualification and experience to consider me into the chosen program. This opportunity will allow me to pursue my interested program and my interest for this program will let me excel well in it too.
Assessment: This conclusion paragraph should be made with request for the admission. This kind of introduction, body and conclusion format suits well for your MBA SoP.
If you have despaired to find the right service for you with the best quality/price ratio, be sure to check this page on MBA statement of purpose format.
What Are the Top Business Schools in the USA?
If you are going to apply to business school then it is often best to stretch and go for some of the better ones out there. The following are the top 10 ranked business schools that you could apply to:
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- Berkeley Haas
- Columbia University